About this notice
This privacy notice provides information about how EDINA and the University of Edinburgh collects and uses your personal information in relation to your subscription to and registration for:
- Digimap Ordnance Survey Collection
- Historic Digimap
- Geology Digimap
- Marine Digimap
- Environment Digimap
- Aerial Digimap
- Lidar Digimap
- Global Digimap
- Society Digimap
- Pilot Digimap
- Verisk Digimap
- agCensus Digimap
This privacy notice uses “you” to mean any individual about whom we collect and hold personal data.
What information might we collect about you?
We collect, store and use the following categories of personal data:
- your contact details such as name, title, organisation address, telephone numbers, personal or work e-mail address
- other relevant personal information. For example, if you are booking a place at a conference or event, the conference organisers may ask you to provide other relevant information e.g. details of any dietary requirements or allergies
- customer feedback. We may carry out customer research by providing customers with access to feedback questionnaires. Although this feedback is anonymous, the questionnaires provide the opportunity for free text comments, in which a customer may supply personally identifiable information about themselves, other customers or members of staff
- your IP address
How is your personal data collected?
You give us your personal data through the information collected about you in order to subscribe to Digimap Collections, register for Digimap Collections, take a payment from you, respond to an email relating to an enquiry etc. We capture this information as it is necessary to fulfil the subscription contract.
As a visitor to https://digimap.edina.ac.uk/ we record your IP address, we do this so that we can monitor service user engagement.
How we will use the information about you?
The information you provide to Digimap Collections will be used by EDINA and the University of Edinburgh to:
manage your subscription
manage the payment processes between you and the University
maintain accurate and up-to-date records
process any complaint or enquiry you submit
maintain or develop systems and processes
meet legislative, statutory, contractual and audit requirements
improve service levels
update you on service changes, improvements and downtimes
notify you of webinars, training events and conferences
The Digimap Collections are provided in partnership with:
- Ordnance Survey
- British Geological Survey
- Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
- OceanWise Ltd
- Getmapping plc
- Landmark Information Group
- HarperCollins Ltd
- Verisk UK
We may share your information with these partners where the information where we are contractually obliged to do so. We may also share your information with authorised staff within your organisation.
We will hold the personal data you provided to us for five years after the end of your subscription, if your contact details are held in relation to the management of your institution’s subscription, and for five years after your last use of Digimap if you are a registered user. We hold IP address information for five years from the date of visit.
If we correspond with you regarding the Digimap Collections, we may hold your contact details in our call management system for no less than 7 years in accordance with the Privacy Notice applicable to the call management system: https://www.ed.ac.uk/information-services/computing/comms-and-collab/unidesk/privacy-notice
If you have any questions, please contact the EDINA helpdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 650 3302.
This privacy statement is continued: Continued privacy statement
You can see our cookies policy here: Digimap cookies policy